[postgis-users] [postgis-devel] Is there a reason we don't have an ST_Intersection aggregate function

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Tue Sep 2 05:27:19 PDT 2014

I guess you can use coalesce to replace the null values with something you want. In your case I think an empty geometry will give you the complete first geometry.

/Nicklas
Skickat från min Samsung Mobil.

I wasn't sure if we just thought there wasn't much utility in it or if there
was a technical obstacle.

I would think that would be easier to build than the other aggregates since
as you add more geometries it shrinks and the current aggregate state is
always the result of the previous state plus new geometry (so no need for an
accumulation function or a final state function) and if you ever end up with
a  geometry collection, you short-circuit out.

Thanks,
Regina

Darafei "Komяpa" Praliaskouski
OSM BY Team - http://openstreetmap.by/