[postgis-users] NOTICE: no non-null/empty features, unable to compute statistics

Jason Mathis jmathis at redzonesoftware.com
Mon Sep 22 12:11:24 PDT 2014

Does anyone know what this “notice” means?  I loaded some new data into a table from a shape file.Visually it looks good and loaded without error.  I have a nightly analyze job that runs and since loading the data it spits out this “notice” I don’t know what it means. If I drop the geom column I do not get this message.  I have tried drop/create the index, and reloading the data without success.

Thanks!

$ /usr/bin/vacuumdb -v -Z -d redzone -t 'demo.homes'
INFO:  analyzing "demo.homes"
INFO:  "homes": scanned 2237 of 2237 pages, containing 101937 live rows and 0 dead rows; 30000 rows in sample, 101937 estimated total rows
NOTICE:  no non-null/empty features, unable to compute statistics
NOTICE:  no non-null/empty features, unable to compute statistics

CREATE TABLE demo.homes
(
  gid integer NOT NULL DEFAULT nextval('demo.homes_gid_seq'::regclass),
  geolat numeric,
  geolong numeric,
  geolevel text,
  geonumber integer,
  geostreet text,
  geocity text,
  geocounty text,
  geostate text,
  zip text,
  firstname text,
  lastname text,
  tiv integer,
  geom geometry(PointZM,4326),
  CONSTRAINT homes_pkey PRIMARY KEY (gid)
)

--

This transmission contains confidential and privileged information intended
solely for the party identified above. If you receive this message in