[postgis-users] NOTICE: no non-null/empty features, unable to compute statistics

Jason Mathis jmathis at redzonesoftware.com
Tue Sep 23 13:47:29 PDT 2014

So unfortunately I did not get the go ahead to share the data, but I solved the problem. It was a dataset that was merged from several different datasets which is why I got the “PointZM” from shp2pgsql. I was given a shape file to load into the database. Although the data just needed to be two dimensional. I also had the original coordinates, so I drop the column and re-added with just “POINT” and updated the geometry from the lat/longs and viola no “notice” message.

Is it only an issue with three or four dimensional data?

Thanks,
jason