[postgis-users] Convert from Lat/Long point to postGIS geometry

KhunSanAung khunsanaung.gis at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 20:11:43 PST 2015

Hi All,

I have one table (Town info) in postgres without Geometry field.
I have Latitude and Longitude information for those points data separately
(collecting & filling).

I created the postGIS extension and add the Geometry field in the above
postgres table.
Now, I'd like to add the location information into the postGIS geometry
field so that I can immediately view those points on the map.

How can I convert the Latitude/Longitude value into postGIS geometry value?

Thank you very much in advance.

--
Have a nice day!
--