[postgis-users] Find out if polygon is circle

Bernecker, Wolfgang wolfgang.bernecker at helpling.com
Wed Feb 4 12:25:50 PST 2015

Hi all,
this is my first time writing to this mailing list, please let me know if
I'm disregarding any rules.
I have many different polygons in my database and would like to know if
there's any way to find out if a polygon has the shape of a circle. I
searched both on Google and in the Postgis documentation but couldn't find
someone with the same question.
Maybe because I'm missing the obvious, but the closest I came to it was
calculating ST_Centroid and then calculating ST_Distance from every point
of the polygon to the centroid.
Is there a better solution to this?
Thank you very much,
Wolfgang