[postgis-users] External rasters: access disabled?

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 02:24:36 PST 2015

Hi Paolo,

I bumped into this as well, but it is by design and the solution is
fairly easy.
Read this:
http://postgis.net/docs/postgis_installation.html#install_short_version

Bottom line:
```
As of PostGIS 2.1.3, out-of-db rasters and all raster drivers are
disabled by default. In order to re-enable these, you need to set the
following environment variables: POSTGIS_GDAL_ENABLED_DRIVERS and
POSTGIS_ENABLE_OUTDB_RASTERS in the server environment.

If you want to enable offline raster:

POSTGIS_ENABLE_OUTDB_RASTERS=1
Any other setting or no setting at all will disable out of db rasters.
```

Chrs,
  Tom