[postgis-users] The pcpatch datatype

Vincent Picavet - ML vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Fri Feb 13 07:10:46 PST 2015

Hi,

Le vendredi 13 février 2015, 14:35:51 Jonathan Moules a écrit :
> Thanks Steve (and Martijn!)
> An extension of an extension then, that might get confusing.

PointCloud is actually a PostgreSQL extension, and can work without PostGIS.
There are convenience functions on top of PointCloud and PostGIS to allow data
to be converted to and from both data types and do spatial filtering.

It is activated like this :

CREATE EXTENSION postgis;
CREATE EXTENSION pointcloud;
CREATE EXTENSION pointcloud_postgis;

This is therefore not really a PostGIS extension per se, as SFCGAL would be.
My 2 cents.

Vincent

here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/C5T+ArodN4bGX2PQPOmvUml+xXZX6Ibq!s03C+J