[postgis-users] Fwd: Huge Multipolygon cannot be inserted to database

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Jan 8 15:42:20 PST 2015

You have created an index on your geometry column using something like

  CREATE INDEX myindex ON mytable (geom);

This has created a b-tree index, which is limited in the object size
it can handle (and won't answer spatial questions efficiently in any
event).  Drop it, and replace with a GIST index,

  DROP INDEX myindex;
  CREATE INDEX myindex ON mytable USING GIST (geom);