[postgis-users] ST_Boundary returns MULTIPOLYGON

BladeOfLight16 bladeoflight16 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:29:32 PST 2015

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca>
wrote:

> Yes, I could see that as a reasonable interpretation. Just another in
> the large collection of corner cases opened up by allowing typed empty
> (my fault). The code probably just tests for empty and reflects the
> input back in that case.

Just for the record, I don't see a problem with EMPTY. It's a legal
geometry definition (including by WKT). It makes just as much sense as
empty string, imo. (The fact Oracle treats empty string as NULL has driven
me a little batty on occasion.) I'm glad for the distinction.

Do I need to file a bug report somewhere, or is this enough?

And thanks!