[postgis-users] Possible for ST_Intersects to not include the perimeter?

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 15:34:16 PST 2015

Pete:  Thanks for the reply!  But I just tried, and ST_Contains will miss if the alert polygon spans multiple states.  I have an example which spans a bit of California and Arizona.  When I select AZ or CA, I get nothing back.  So it appears, as the documentation states, ST_Contains will only return true if all of the points in "A" are completely inside "B".