[postgis-users] Possible for ST_Intersects to not include the perimeter?

toni hernández toni at sigte.udg.edu
Thu Jan 22 00:50:05 PST 2015

Joseph,

With St_Relate (http://postgis.net/docs/ST_Relate.html) we can get all
kind of relations between geometries.
You can get boundary intersections, interior intersections, interior
intersections without boundary intersections.... all possibilities are
supported.

St_Relate uses the DE-91M model to define this relations between geometries.
To know more about DE-91M: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DE-9IM

http://postgis.net/docs/using_postgis_dbmanagement.html#DE-9IM