[postgis-users] creating topology data is slow

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Jun 3 01:49:04 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 05:56:24AM +0000, Lars Aksel Opsahl wrote:
> We are working quite big datasets (about 1 billion points and 20 million lines) that we convert from simple feature to topology. I ran a test yesterday and we added these 20 million lines in about 9 hours with attached attributes. This means heavy parallel pressing and grid usage on a fast database, but we use the Postgis topology package mostly as it is (picked from trunk about a moth ago) .
>
> We will give a talk about how we do this at foss4g 2015 in Como in July.

I hope a video of your talk and a copy of the slides will be made available
as I'd love to see them but will probably not come to Como.

Last time I've heard about parallel processing during topology building
it resulted in a corrupted topology.
How long does it take to ST_ValidateTopology on it ?

--strk;