[postgis-users] California Shapefile

Kevin Zhao kevinzhao53 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 23:16:17 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I am new to PostGis and just finished the tutorial, loaded nyc data into my
Postgresql database.  I am trying to build a database where I can give it
street address or longitude and altitude, then it gives me a zip code
back.  All for California only.  I know that I need shapefiles, but I
looked online, found a few sites(including
http://www.census.gov/geo/maps-data/data/tiger-line.html), and nothing
really stood out to me as the shapefile that I am looking for.  Could
someone give an idea on where I can find the shapefile that will fit my
needs?

Thank you so much!

Kevin

--