[postgis-users] Shp2pgsql not found in Centos 7 64 bit

Kis János Tamás kijato at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 00:46:09 PDT 2015

Hi,

I don't know Centos.
I don't use Postgresql from packages, because it isn't perfect never (its
my experience...). Always I compile Postgresql-Postgis from source and I'm
happy.
In my opinion when the maintainer made the postgis package doesn't put the
shp2pgsql / pgsql2shp program to the package.
This problem is independent that you can to run postgis_full_version SQL
function and there isn't shp2pgsql, that is a "additional" binary software,
isn't SQL function.
I guess you must try to complie & install & use postgresql-postgis from
source... or must wait that Centos Team improving the mistake.
Or: compile  postgresql-postgis from source and copy the shp2pgsql /
pgsql2shp to the /usr/local/bin (for example).

Greetings,
kjt