[postgis-users] Geocoding very slow (minutes)

Wayne Seguin wseguin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:05:55 PDT 2015

Found it (maybe).

The generated postgis scripts did include a vacuum analyze for each state's separate files, but the explain still showed it wasn't using an index.

I ran an analyze against the PARENT tables from which all states inherit, and performance is 1.5 seconds on average now.

Could it be that the query optimizer looks for stats for the parent table itself rather than looking at the stats of the inheriting children?

Thanks

Wayne