[postgis-users] From Days to Minutes - Geoprocessing Alberta Land Use Data

Mark Wynter mark at dimensionaledge.com
Mon Mar 2 05:37:34 PST 2015

As I promised last week, I’ve just published two blog articles on the topic of vector tiling and Map Reduce in Postgis.

"Eating the Elephant in Small Bites” is a tutorial which introduces the concepts of vector tiling and Map Reduce - whilst the second article  applies these concepts to the geoprocessing of Alberta land cover data - a problem recently posted on the PostGIS mailing list.

The full code for both articles is available on github.

The article links are here:

"From Days to Minutes - Geoprocessing Alberta Land Use Data"
http://dimensionaledge.com/from-days-to-minutes-geoprocessing-of-alberta-land-use-data/

“Eating the Elephant in Small Bites - An Introduction to Vector Tiling and Map Reduce in Postgis
http://dimensionaledge.com/intro-vector-tiling-map-reduce-postgis/

- Mark