[postgis-users] Tutorial: Bezier Curves - A More Flexible Alternative to Great Circles

Mark Wynter mark at dimensionaledge.com
Wed Mar 4 20:07:14 PST 2015

Many people like looking at maps that show flight paths.  I’ve just posted a tutorial outlining an approach which gives the user the ability to set the degree of bend or flex in the curve, the number of vertices (useful for time series animations) and a break value which splits the linestring in two at a specified meridian.

http://dimensionaledge.com/bezier-curves-a-more-flexible-alternative-to-great-circles/

The article has links to the code which is available on my github account.

Cheers
Mark