[postgis-users] error installing postgis on linux

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Mar 13 05:47:24 PDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 08:08:51AM -0400, Maria L. Wilson wrote:
> I am installing postgis on a linux box and am getting the following
> error on the make install part - any help would be appreciated!

[...]

> cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/lib/_inst.11278_':
> Permission denied

Ask your system administrator to install it for you or give you
permissions.

Some administrators (or default install) give powers via the "sudo"
command, which lets you run a command as if you were an administrator.
If that's the case, it will work with:

 sudo make install

Give it a try

--strk;