[postgis-users] Problem to visualize raster data from PostGIS inQGIS

Hugues François hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Tue Mar 31 07:05:08 PDT 2015

Hello,

To display raster data, you can try ST_DumpAsPolygons into Arcgis or OpenJump (if it is just a test, you could add a where clause on tile id).

WITH a AS (select ST_DumpAsPolygons(rast) AS mydump from deforested_areas –where rid = 1)

SELECT (mydump).val, (mydump).geom FROM a

This website is a bit outdated, but you can find some useful insights : http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRaster

Hug