[postgis-users] Quick/unobstrusive way to determine if a geometry has curve elements?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu May 7 06:26:51 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 03:23:12PM +0200, Andrea Aime wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
>
> > > Looks like there is still a wrinkle... one can build compoudcurve without
> > > any arc in it, ST_HasArc will
> > > return false, but ST_Simplify only check the geometry type and refuses to
> > > work on it.
> > > Shall I open a bug report/feature request?
> >
> > It would be a feature request.
>
> Cool. How would you word it? I guess what we want here, to write generic
> sql queries,
> is a function that will tell us if the linear geometry functions can
> process a certain geometry.
> ST_IsLinearSafe(geom)?

I meant it is a feature request to have ST_Simplify support curve types.
The list of functions supposedly supporting cuve types are here:
http://postgis.net/docs/PostGIS_Special_Functions_Index.html#PostGIS_Curved_GeometryFunctions

I don't think any of them supports linear but curve-accepting types.

--strk;