[postgis-users] [postgis-devel] postgis extension sans raster (only for folks who can't compile with raster support) - PSC Vote and developer/packager comments please

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at nmbu.no
Wed Oct 28 00:37:52 PDT 2015

It would be great to be able to use the PostgreSQL extension
mechanism without having PostGIS raster support enabled.

When upgrading PostgreSQL from 9.1 to 9.5 to test pointcloud,
building PostGIS 2.2 with raster support failed on our Debian
wheezy server due to a JPEG library issue.
Building without raster went fine, but that meant that
pointcloud could not be installed using the extension
mechanism.
We are currently not using PostGIS raster, so building
without raster support is not a problem for us.

Håvard