[postgis-users] [postgis-devel] postgis extension sans raster (only for folks who can't compile with raster support) - PSC Vote and developer/packager comments please

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Oct 28 07:06:28 PDT 2015

Losing GDAL would be a step backwards, IMO, but I suppose we've gotten
this far. I've just been hoping to make the SRS handling more magic by
leaning on the OGR SRS stuff a bit, and that's not possible with GDAL
out of the picture. However I guess that's the #1 reason for splitting
raster out. I worry alot about this proposal impossibly complicating
upgrades. PostGIS 3.0?

P.