[postgis-users] Is 2.1.8 stable?

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 08:14:50 PDT 2015

>We recently upgraded from 32bit PostgreSQL 9.3.4 + PostGIS 2.1.2 to 64bit
PostgreSQL 9.4.4
> ...was crashing PostgreSQL.

64bit Postgresql 9.4  is very strange  on Solaris 7 and older.
"15.7.6.4. 64-bit Build Sometimes Crashes"
"On Solaris 7 and older, the 64-bit version of libc has a buggy vsnprintf
routine, which leads to erratic core dumps in PostgreSQL.  The simplest
known workaround is  .... "   >
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/installation-platform-notes.html

Maybe this is related to (postgis) vsnprintf  ?
https://github.com/postgis/postgis/search?q=vsnprintf

Regards,
 Imre