[postgis-users] attempt to redefine parameter "postgis.backend"

Armand Turpel armand.turpel.mnhn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 02:32:24 PDT 2016

Hi,

I have a wired problem after upgrading from pg 9.1  postgis 1.5 to pg
9.3 postgis 2.2.1

On some tables with a geometry column the error appear:

*attempt to redefine parameter "postgis.backend"

*even if a query dosent contains the geometry column.

On other tables which have a geometry column too the problem dosent
appear. May some geometry columns are corrupted.

I guess i have done some thing wrong with the pg/postgis upgrade. The
mess is done. Since the last upgrade, 2 weeks, the database is in
production. I cant easily restore the old database.
Is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks for helping,
atu