[postgis-users] segmentation fault in lwgeom_geos.c

Jaime Casanova jaime.casanova at 2ndquadrant.com
Mon Aug 1 10:33:43 PDT 2016

On 31 July 2016 at 15:17, Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca> wrote:
> To debug, start cutting it down to size. First, it looks like you can
> probably reproduce it with just the sub-select 'foo'. So that's a smaller
> query that shows the issue. Probably from that query you can also drop the
> GROUP BY and get a crash, since the crash in the trace is happening in the
> intersects() function.

Hi,

After i got a reduced set to reproduce the problem (it was a table
with just the two geom columns and 55 rows) i decided to reproduce the
problem in my own laptop

and found out that intersects function didn't exist in my clean
postgis installation but st_intersects, which made me suspect. after
some investigation it was clear what was the problem.

this system was developed originally in pg8.4 with postgis 1.2 and
then upgraded to pg9.2 with postgis 2.0, when that happens there was a
lot of not-ST_ functions in use so we just recreated them in 2.0 with
the definitions they had in 1.2. In this new upgrade i forgot to fix
the definitions to point to the postgis-2.1 library so they were
pointing to the postgis-2.0 one.

In short, it was my fault. sorry for the noise.

--
Jaime Casanova                      www.2ndQuadrant.com