[postgis-users] Merge rasters with multiple bands

Alexander Rumanovsk rumanovsk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 09:39:52 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I'm trying to merge a raster with 3 bands to an empty raster. The empty
raster is created with the query bellow:

ST_AddBand(ST_MakeEmptyRaster(256,256,0,0,1), '8BUI'::text,200)

This empty raster is larger than the filled one (which is 100x100). I just
need to create a raster of 256x256 with the original raster (100x100)
information and the rest filled with empty information.
My first idea was to use ST_Union, but found out it just merges tiles,
instead of rasters.
Anyone have an idea how can I do that?

thanks in advance
Rumanovsk