[postgis-users] issue loading shapefiles into postgis via batch

Ben Madin ben at ausvet.com.au
Fri Aug 26 19:58:52 PDT 2016

Rather than putting a password into a plain text file, we prefer to create
a user with very limit priviliges - ie can only access one schema and can
only create and insert into that schema and read nothing. Then in the
pg_hba.conf give that user local access to your database using trust.

In reality, whether you put in a plain text password or no password, it
should only be for a user with limited priviliges, and no capacity to to
access private data or damage the existing database. If you then limit
their access from the local server, you are getting pretty secure.

Cheers

Ben

--
Sent from my iPhone.