[postgis-users] Postgis 2.1 install on Debian

ced Cedric.DUPREZ at ign.fr
Thu Dec 1 00:50:10 PST 2016

Hi,

In order to try backup/restore of production environment, I want to install
PostgreSQL 9.3 / Postgis 2.1 on a fresh Debian Jessie server.

To do that, I add the postgresql repository:
echo "deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ jessie-pgdg main" >
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list

Then I update and install PostgreSQL 9.3, as in my production environment:
apt-get update && apt-get install -y postgresql-9.3 postgresql-client-9.3
postgresql-contrib-9.3 postgresql-server-dev-9.3

After that, I install gdal:
apt-get install -y gdal-bin libgdal-dev

Finally, I try to install PostGIS 2.1 like this:
apt-get install -y postgresql-9.3-postgis-2.1

This tells me that the following packages will be installed:
 postgresql-9.3-postgis-2.3 postgresql-9.3-postgis-2.3-scripts
postgresql-9.3-postgis-scripts

And when I connect to the server, the installed version of PostGIS is 2.3.
Why doesn't it install PostGIS 2.1, as I specified?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,

Cedric