[postgis-users] 3d mapping geometries

LPlateAndy andy at centremaps.co.uk
Thu Jan 7 02:43:41 PST 2016

Hi,

Is there a way with the likes of SFCGAL to take a height grid / TIN and
apply that surface within each polygon in an existing 2D map.

It seems the "simplest" way is to (create) and crop a tin for each polygon
but i wondered whether this has been formalised anywhere already?

I also wondered whether there is any recommended guidance on supported
output formats either for TIN (or 3D Multipolygons) or POLYHEDRALSURFACES.
Ideally we're trying to get data out in a usable format for the likes of
Autodesk Civils.

Thanks in advance

Andy