[postgis-users] what is the official site of postgis?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Jan 27 08:02:42 PST 2016

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 04:27:28PM +0100, Willy-Bas Loos wrote:
> postgis.org or postgis.net?
> and why are there two of them?

The official one is postgis.net, domain owned by the OSGeo foundation
[1] (where current development happens).

The historic postgis.org domain is owned by Refractions Research
[2] (initial creators of PostGIS).

I think Refractions considers the .org domain a good asset for
them and thus prefers not to transfer its ownership to the non-profit
foundationbut. Jeff (in Cc) can correct me if I'm wrong.

[1] http://www.osgeo.org
[2] http://refractions.net

--strk;