[postgis-users] Fwd: GEOMfromEWKB missing

Tom van Tilburg tom.van.tilburg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 12:45:44 PST 2016

Hi Das,

I had to look three times to your email to notice the tricky difference
between  *LWGEOMFromWKB and  *geomfromewkb() (notice the extra 'e'?)
Seems you're trying to import an dump from an older version of postgis
(1.5?) into a newer 2.2 version. There will be a lot more problems than
only these messages like that.

Please follow these instructions on doing a hard-upgrade (or upgrade the
hard way ;-)
http://www.postgis.org/docs/postgis_installation.html#hard_upgrade

Best,
 Tom