[postgis-users] PostGIS upgrade with Postgres9.3

Karthick Thanigaimani kargold100 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 14:16:25 PDT 2016

Hi,

We have a database that is of ~1 TB and the schemas are big as well. We would like to upgrade the database version from PostgreSQL 9.3.x to 9.5.x and the DB has PostGIS 2.1.2 which also need to be updated to 2.2.2 as per version 9.5.x.
I installed the postGIS 2.2.2 libraries and tried updating the version 2.2.2 but it says there is no upgrade path.
and when we run the pg_upgrade compatibility check it says postGIS has to be upgraded.

Is there anyway to achieve the upgrade without doing pg_dump of the schemas.?

Please advise.

Thanks,
Karthick