[postgis-users] Help with PostGIS upgrade

Karthick Thanigaimani kargold100 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 13:29:53 PDT 2016

Hi All,
could anyone please help on this.
thank you.
regards,karthick
      From: Karthick Thanigaimani <kargold100 at yahoo.com>
 To: PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at lists.osgeo.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, 27 July 2016 4:23 PM
 Subject: Re: [postgis-users] Help with PostGIS upgrade

hi Andy / All,
Thanks for the help I installed postGIS 2.2.0 in the Postgresql 9.3.8 and tried upgrade.It just waits for ages and nothing happens except for the below message.
alter extension postgis update to '2.2.0';WARNING:  'postgis.backend' is already set and cannot be changed until you reconnectCONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT                  postgis_lib_version()"PL/pgSQL function postgis_major_version_check() line 21 at SQL statement

is it because of any issues with libraries or a bug?
Regards,Karthick