[postgis-users] Raster - Access to offline bands disabled

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:41:40 PDT 2016

I'm running postgres 9.4 with postgis 2.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 and get the error
    "Access to offline bands disabled"
In /etc/postgresql/9.4/main/environment I have set
    POSTGIS_ENABLE_OUTDB_RASTERS=1
    POSTGIS_GDAL_ENABLED_DRIVERS=ENABLE_ALL
and restarted the server (pg_ctl -m fast restart)

I also tried
    SET postgis.enable_outdb_rasters = True;
    SET postgis.gdal_enabled_drivers = 'ENABLE_ALL';
Although I realize that is the postgis 2.2 way.

Any suggestions as to where else I should look or how else to set the
server environment?

Thanks,
Rich

--