[postgis-users] Encountering error while installing postgis from source?

sablok sablok at amazon.com
Mon Jun 27 09:55:49 PDT 2016

I am using the following command to make and make install postgis-2.2.2 from
source and I have all the other dependencies configured properly -

export POSTGIS_BUILD_VERSION=2.2.2
cd ${postgis_src_path}/configuration/postgis/postgis-$POSTGIS_BUILD_VERSION
&& ./configure --with-pgconfig=${build_root}/bin/pg_config
--with-jsondir=${build_root} --with-projdir=${build_root}
--with-geosconfig=${build_root}/bin/geos-config
--with-gdalconfig=${build_root}/bin/gdal-config
cd ${postgis_src_path}/configuration/postgis/postgis-$POSTGIS_BUILD_VERSION
&& make -j 4
cd ${postgis_src_path}/configuration/postgis/postgis-$POSTGIS_BUILD_VERSION
&& make clean
cd ${postgis_src_path}/configuration/postgis/postgis-$POSTGIS_BUILD_VERSION
&& make install
cd
${postgis_src_path}/configuration/postgis/postgis-$POSTGIS_BUILD_VERSION/extensions
&& make
cd
${postgis_src_path}/configuration/postgis/postgis-$POSTGIS_BUILD_VERSION/extensions
&& make install

After the above commands execute the configure step terminates gracefully
with all the configuration files set up properly and I can see the following
on my screen

PostGIS is now configured for x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

The make process however fails with make: *** [all] Error 1  and I see the
following message on my screen

lwout_wkb.c: In function ‘empty_to_wkb_buf’:
lwout_wkb.c:319:22: error: ‘NAN’ undeclared (first use in this function)
   static double nn = NAN;
                      ^
lwout_wkb.c:319:22: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in
make[1]: *** [lwout_wkb.lo] Error 1

does anyone have any idea as to why is this happening, I searched about it
and it seems to be related to GCC erroring out. I am not sure as this is my
first experience with building postgis. Thanks in advance.