[postgis-users] PostGIS over distributed worksites

Lee Hachadoorian Lee.Hachadoorian+L at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:44:27 PST 2016

At the moment it looks like our use case is data is updated from
canonical sources (gov't agencies), and users are just using for
analysis and visualization, not making changes to original data. So
read-only/one-way sync will work for us.

Don't know about AWS. Data sets are single-digit GB. Mostly concerned
about pricing of updates, and not sure how to estimate costs.

Rox, thanks for pointer to barman.

Larry, will look into cascading replication. Interesting idea, might be
overkill for this project.

Thanks,
--Lee