[postgis-users] split line at polygon edge

François Hugues hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Thu Mar 17 00:15:48 PDT 2016

Hello,

Dis you take a look at the query result ? I think you should first try to
see what is the type of geometry returned using ST_GeometryType(). You may
have some geometrycollections and I’m not sure QGis can handle  it. In this
case you could extract lines using ST_CollectionExtract().

To achieve what you want to do, you’ll be able to compare your original
lines table with the result of your query using ST_Difference().

Regards,

Hugues.