[postgis-users] Slow performance when selecting a geometry column

David Robison David.Robison at q-free.com
Fri Mar 18 05:14:18 PDT 2016

So there is a total of over 560,000 points in the 8000 records returned. I would have assumed that it was simply returning the contents of the geometry column and that the number of points (albeit they take up space) would not affect the select time. Is PostGIS doing something with the geometries as it is fetching them from the DB other than just returning them? Thanks, David