[postgis-users] Postgis issue installing under win64 with Postgres 9.5.2

Lucas Fairchild-Madar lucas.madar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:28:50 PDT 2016

I'm trying to install postgis on a windows machine running windows server
2012 64 bit. This is a fresh install using the 9.5.2 release from
EnterpriseDB and the 64 bit installer from
download.osgeo.org/postgis/windows/pg95/.

I receive this error when running CREATE EXTENSION:

ERROR:  could not load library "S:/PostgreSQL/9.5/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.dll":
The specified procedure could not be found.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire binary system
and using the latest winnie build from
winnie.postgis.net/download/windows/pg95/buildbot/postgis-pg95-binaries-2.2.2w64gcc48.zip
which has the same results.

Just creating a function from rtpostgis-2.2.dll results in the same problem:

db# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION postgis_raster_lib_version()
    RETURNS text AS '$libdir/rtpostgis-2.2', 'RASTER_lib_version'
    LANGUAGE 'c' IMMUTABLE;
ERROR:  could not load library "S:/PostgreSQL/9.5/lib/rtpostgis-2.2.dll":
The specified procedure could not be found.

I've verified the file is there and that the symbol RASTER_lib_version
exists inside. Dependency walker shows no obvious problems although I am
not an expert at using it.

# select version();
                           version
 PostgreSQL 9.5.2, compiled by Visual C++ build 1800, 64-bit

Is it possible this is a new issue introduced with PG 9.5.2?

Thanks!