[postgis-users] topology - topogeo_id <> mylayer.mypk

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sun May 29 14:40:19 PDT 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 05:26:49PM -0500, Garret W wrote:

> create public.temptrails as select * from production.trails;
> alter table public.temptrails add primary key (trails_id);

Wasn't it called "temp_trails" ?

> I dont see anything that relates directly back to the original data.

If you confirm the table was "temp_trails", here's how the geometries
get to relate to the original data (from your initial mail):

 UPDATE public.temp_trails SET topogeom = toTopoGeom(geom, 'trails_topo', ...

So you would have all the data associated within that table,
with each "topogeom" value being composed by a set of primitive
edges.

While associating data directly to edge records would be possible,
it is not a recommended design.

--strk;