[postgis-users] Late to the party: upgrading F23->F24, PostgreSQL 9.4.9->9.5.4, PostGIS 2.1.8->2.2.1

Devrim Gündüz devrim at gunduz.org
Sun Nov 6 07:06:39 PST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, 2016-10-31 at 19:06 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:

> I have a series of machines on which I run Fedora along with PostgreSQL &
> PostGIS (two laptops & a desktop). I've begun upgrading these machines
> starting with the least used/critical one.
>
> I've run into what seems to be typical w/in the PostgreSQL/PostGIS
> community as expressed in the subject line: there are several challenges
> in upgrading to get to PSQL 9.5.4/PostGIS 2.2.1.
>
> Google returns a few pages where there are explanations on how to upgrade,
> along with a Bugzilla page.
>
> If possible, could someone please recommend the authoritative one of
> these or offer general guidance?

Community RPMs include the .so file of the previous version, along with the
current version I did not test, but upgrading should work :-)  Just install 9.4
and 9.5 in parallel, if you are installing RPMs from the community repository.

Paul recently wrote a blog post about this, too:

http://blog.cleverelephant.ca/2016/08/postgis-upgrade.html

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ