[postgis-users] How does one make sense out of the postgis garden tests results?

sablok sablok at amazon.com
Fri Nov 11 10:36:04 PST 2016

So I am running garden tests for postgis to see if there are any tests that
are crashing the server instance, but I am totally bamboozled by the amount
of test cases that are run and can't seem to decipher the results as to if
it was positive or negative, I keep on getting errors like the following
though:

HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need
to add explicit type casts.
QUERY:  SELECT ST_Zmflag(foo1.the_geom) As result
                                                        FROM ((SELECT
ST_MakePolygon(ST_GeomFromText('LINESTRING(1 2, 1 2,1 2, 1 2)',4326)) As
the_geom
                        UNION ALL SELECT
ST_MakePolygon(ST_GeomFromText('LINESTRING(1 2, 1 2,1 2, 1 2, 3 2, 1
2)',4326)) As the_geom ) ) As foo1 LIMIT 3;
psql:/tmp/geo_torturetest.sql:1984091: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:/tmp/geo_torturetest.sql:1984102: ERROR:  function unlockrows(unknown)
does not exist
LINE 1: SELECT  UnlockRows('monkey') As output;

HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need
to add explicit type casts.
QUERY:  SELECT  UpdateGeometrySRID('test', 'test', 'test', 3395) As output;
psql:/tmp/geo_torturetest.sql:1984130: ERROR:  current transaction is
aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:/tmp/geo_torturetest.sql:1984141: ERROR:  function
updategeometrysrid(unknown, unknown, unknown, unknown, integer) does not
exist
LINE 1: SELECT  UpdateGeometrySRID('test', 'test', 'test', 'test', 3...

Can anyone suggest me how to make sense out of these tests or if there is
any other way I can test postgis to gain some confidence?