[postgis-users] Restore a raster dump from PostGIS 2.1.0 to PostGIS 2.3.0

Giuseppe Broccolo giuseppe.broccolo at 2ndquadrant.it
Fri Nov 18 06:43:06 PST 2016

Hi Cedric,

> Hi all,
>
> I am upgrading PostgreSQL and PostGIS from 9.3/2.1 to 9.5/2.3.
>
> I perform the backup on the old server (9.3/2.1) like this using pg_dump.
>
> Then, on the new server (9.5/2.3), I restore the backup using pg_restore.
>
> Everything is correctly restored, except just one raster table, a DEM,
> which
> produces the following error message (sorry, it is in french...):
>
> COPY échoué pour la table « mnt » : ERREUR:  l'opérateur n'existe pas :
> public.geometry @ public.geometry
> LIGNE 1 : SELECT $1 @ $2 AND public._ST_CoveredBy($1,$2)

The problem could be reasonably due to the schema where the operator @ is
defined:
could you attach here the output of the following psql meta-commands, once
you are connected
to the 9.5 database (i.e. where the dump is restored)?

1) \do @

2) SHOW search_path;

PostGIS 2.3 now fully-qualify operators and functions with the schema where
they are defined
(see for instance public._ST_CoveredBy). @ looks to be not fully-qualified.
My first thought here
is that @ is not defined in any schema visible through the search_path
(probably in the "postgis"
schema?).

Regards,
Giuseppe.

--
Giuseppe Broccolo - 2ndQuadrant Italy
PostgreSQL & PostGIS Training, Services and Support