[postgis-users] Converting a LineString to a CompoundCurve

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Oct 7 00:12:18 PDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to convert a LineString to a CompoundCurve.

I was trying ST_LineToCurve(), but it seems to return again a LineString ;-(

Casting with ::geometry(CompoundCurve,21781) doesn't work either.

Is this impossible to do or did I miss something?

The reason I want to do it, is that I have some road data which is in
CompoundCurve type. I want to use ST_LineStubstring() on this geometry,
so I use ST_CurveToLine(). I want to convert the result back into a
CompoundCurve, for being able to store it in a table which has a
constraint on CompoundCurve type.

Thank you, if you have an idea!

Andreas