[postgis-users] st_intersection polygons only

Willy-Bas Loos willybas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 02:15:11 PDT 2016

Hi Remi,

2 yeas later, but i had to look this up again.
I just wanted to say that this is a great solution.

Here's an example:
with a(id,geom) as (
values (1, st_geomfromewkt('SRID=28992;POLYGON((0 0,0 2,0 1,1 1,1 0,0 0))'))
)
SELECT st_isvalid(a.geom)
    , st_astext(st_makevalid(a.geom)) as valid
    , st_astext(ST_CollectionExtract(st_makevalid(a.geom),3)) as valid_poly
from a

Cheers,

WBL

Willy-Bas Loos