[postgis-users] fuzzy tolerance

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 06:38:09 PDT 2016

When speaking about fuzzyness and tolerance we really have to
distinguish different use cases, like
1 is it about storing geometries/numbers in finite data types (like
float) => integer geometry,
2 is it about geometry representation of polygons (as geometry or topology),
3 is it about representation of uncertainty of boundaries of real-world objects,
4 or is it about handling artefacts from analysis (like in intersection).

:Stefan