[postgis-users] Error During PostGIS Build From Source on Linux

Osahon Oduware osahon.gis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 10:12:25 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I am working on a Linux OS (Centos 6.5). I built GDAL successfully from
source as below:
./configure --prefix=/path/to/gdal
make
make install

Next I built PostgreSQL successfully from source as below:
./configure --prefix=/path/to/pgsql
make
make install

I attempted to configure PostGIS from source as below:
./configure --with-pgconfig=/home/path/to/pg_config
--with-gdalconfig=/path/to/gdal --with-geosconfig=/path/to/geos-config
--with-xml2config=/path/to/xml2-config --with-projdir=/path/to/proj
--with-gui --with-raster --with-topology

but I get the following error:
configure: error: PostGIS raster requires OGR to be enabled in GDAL. Use
--without-raster to build without raster support.

I sure need the raster support to be enabled in PostGIS. Could anyone help
me out with this.