[postgis-users] Documentation on <#> and <-> operators

Stephen V. Mather svm at clevelandmetroparks.com
Mon Jul 3 08:55:02 PDT 2017

Paul's posts are usually a helpful start:

https://carto.com/blog/lateral-joins

<#> is approximate (i.e. on bounding boxes) and was useful before PostgreSQL 9.5, as it could be used in a two step process to get the exact answer.

Really, now all you need is: <-> and a lateral join.

Cheers,

Best,

Steve

[http://sig.cmparks.net/cmp-ms-90x122.png] Stephen V. Mather