[postgis-users] Strange behavior with empty geometries GROUP BY

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Jun 23 20:26:26 PDT 2017

Pierre,

Thanks for pointing out the issue.  Sandro has fixed the problem

https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/3777#comment:17

Can you try with your larger workload.  If you happen to have a windows box,
64-bit  pre-compiled binaries here:

http://postgis.net/windows_downloads/

(I have 32-bit building turned off at moment cause it errors out on the gui
tests and haven't had a chance to troubleshoot).

If you have a patched version:

SELECT postgis_full_version();

Your version should have  r15450 (or above) for PostGIS 2.4 and r15451 (or
above)for PostGIS 2.3.

POSTGIS="2.3.3dev r15451" GEOS="3.6.1-CAPI-1.10.1 r4317" PROJ="Rel. 4.9.1,
04 March 2015" GDAL="GDAL 2.1.3, released 2017/20/01" LIBXML="2.7.8"
LIBJSON="0.12" RASTER

Thanks,

Regina