[postgis-users] [postgis-devel] Allowing use of PostGIS EXTENSION w/out raster

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Oct 8 22:28:22 PDT 2017

>  >  - How users can upgrade from older versions of postgis
>   > p1: ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE; CREATE EXTENSION
> postgis_raster FROM unpackaged;
>
> The problem with this is you can't install postgis_raster from
> unpackaged without first upgrading your raster by running
> rtpostgis_upgrade.sql

> Uhm, can you tell me more about why ?
> I've tried doing this upgrading from "2.4.0" to "2.5.0dev" and didn't get an error.

> --strk;

Strk I haven't tested your pull request.  I think you might have changed it since last we spoke.

So did you embed the rtpostgis_upgrade script as part of

Postgis upgrade scripts?

If you did that sounds like a lot of work to  still embed upgrade raster steps just so you can drop it from the extension?
So now we need two sets of scripts don't we -- people coming from 2.0.0 --- 2.4... and another for people upgrading from 2.5 ---?

And if I don't want raster anymore do I have to do this

ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE;
CREATE EXTENSION postgis_raster FROM unpackaged;
DROP EXTENSION postgis_raster;

Where as in option (2) you just do this:

ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE "2.5.0noraster";

And you are done.

Thanks,
Regina